Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Last Weekday Whistler Ride of the Season

Today was my last weekday Whistler ride of the season, for I start my new job on Monday!!

Iz, Phil, Jake & I headed up for a day of fun. The weather was phenomenal, and we got off to a good start getting in to the lot before noon!! A first for a weekday trip for us. Usually we get stuck due to construction, but not today.

First run down was our usual "Crank It Up" warm up run. About 3/4 of the way down, I landed and heard a wicked screech in my rear end. I got off, and found that my rear wheel came out in the air, and when I landed it didn't go back in correctly. Damaged rear brake was the result.

I brought it over to Fanatyk Co Bike Shop, and they got it fixed up pretty quickly. We had lunch while we waited.

A few more laps were had. No one got hurt badly, and no more bicycle carnage occurred. All in all, a great day. It's always good to just be out when the weather is so nice!!

Iz had a couple bails today, and got some wounds.


I try my best to keep up with Phil down "Dirt Merchant" to "A-Line"

No comments: